Week 3 Assignment: Answer Questions About Experimental Design
Answer the Following Questions
- Jackson, even-numbered Chapter Exercises, pp. 308-310.
- What is an F-ratio? Define all the technical terms in your answer.
- What is error variance and how is it calculated?
- Why would anyone ever want more than two (2) levels of an independent variable?
- If you were doing a study to see if a treatment causes a significant effect, what would it mean if within groups, variance was higher than between groups variance? If between groups variance was higher than within groups variance? Explain your answer
- What is the purpose of a post-hoc test with analysis of variance?
- What is probabilistic equivalence? Why is it important?
Support your paper with a minimum of 5 resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.