Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 500–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Reflections on the Review of the Literature
Focus your discussion on the following:
- Although what you complete for the Research Prospectus is a literature review plan and not a literature review itself, what is the purpose of a literature review for a research study?
- Why is it important, prior to beginning your literature search, that you have a well-reasoned sense of what types of sources you are seeking (e.g., topical areas, key concepts, theoretical literature, empirical studies)?
- How do you know if a source is scholarly?
- How do you know if a source is peer-reviewed?
- Based on your discipline and concentration, what academic databases available to you in the CTU Library are likely to lead you to relevant peer-reviewed literature?