· Read in your textbook Case #7: GoPro in 2017: Will Its Turnaround Strategy Restore Profitability?”
· Write a 5–7 page paper answering the questions below.
· At least 2 references of an academic or scholarly source is required for this case study paper.
· Use APA writing style for in-text citations and each reference source that you use. Remember, all wording that is not your own must be cited.
· Use headings to format the paper (not the questions).
· Use 12-point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, and double-spacing.
In addition to the above listed requirements, assignments are graded using the Case Study Rubric available in the online classroom.
1. What are the strategically relevant factors in GoPro’s macro-environment? What does a PESTEL analysis reveal about the action camera in 2017? Does the external environment of the drone industry present attractive opportunities to GoPro?
2. What is your assessment of GoPro’s business model and competitive strategy? Does its approach to delivering customer value contribute to a sustainable competitive advantage?
3. What are GoPro’s key resources and competitive capabilities? What is the competitive power of its most important competitive assets?
4. What is your assessment of GoPro’s financial performance the past three years? (Use the financial ratios in the Appendix of the text as a guide in doing your financial analysis.)
5. Based on the preceding analysis, and the first quarter 2017, statement of operations, what is your overall evaluation of GoPro’s business situation as the company moved into 2017? Does the company’s strategy have the potential to provide the company’s shareholders with an opportunity for above-average market returns in the next 3–5 years?
6. What strategic actions could Mr. Woodman take to reestablish GoPro’s financial and market performance?
References must be able to be verified
Class: GEB4891: Strategic Management and Decision Making
Book: Essentials of Strategic Management: The Quest for Competitive Advantage