HA425-5: Analyze the impact of policy making on health care reform efforts.
Medicaid was signed into law in 1965 and is largely controlled by state legislatures. The federal government manages the program, however, different states have different eligibility requirements based on state-level policy making. In this Assignment, you will review states that did and did not expand Medicaid during the most recent healthcare reform effort and argue for or against expansion.
Choose two states; one state that has expanded Medicaid and one that has not.
- For the state that expanded Medicaid, discuss at least three ways the quality of healthcare has improved (ex,- increased EHR interoperability,-decreased morbidity, increased immunizations, etc.)
- For the state that did not expand Medicaid, discuss at least three reasons why they chose not to (political rationale, big-government distrust, etc)
- Based on what you have learned, argue for or against Medicaid expansion by discussing at least three reasons that support your stance.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Your submission is composed in a Microsoft Word document.
- To meet the objective requirements, your response is at least 500 words in length.
- Your submission includes specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements to demonstrate mastery of the objective.
- Your submission includes a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
- Your response is in Standard English and demonstrates superior organization.
- Your communication is highly ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission displays exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your response contains a list of references.
- Include both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources used following proper APA citation style.
- Please review the APA formatting and citation style in Academic Tools – Academic Writer.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.