Horizontal Integration is a type of strategy pursued by a company in order to strengthen its position in the industry. Within your Thompson (2022) text, read the Chapter 6 Assurance of Learning Exercise #1 related to Live Nation (https://www.livenationentertainment.com/) and respond to the following questions:
- How has the company used horizontal mergers and acquisitions to strengthen its competitive position?
- Are these moves primarily offensive or defensive? Please explain.
- Has either Live Nation or Ticketmaster achieved any type of advantage based on the timing of its strategic moves?
- Relate your response to each of the above to our coursework (Thompson text) from this week.
- Your analysis must be driven by facts, research, and data.
- Your analysis should be between 1000 and 1500 words.
- Incorporate a minimum of at least our course text and one non-course scholarly/peer reviewed source in your paper. All written assignments must include a coverage page, introductory and concluding paragraphs, reference page, and proper in-text citations using APA guidelines.
Due by 11:59 pm EST on Day 7, Sunday