Use your favorite Internet search engine to find a recent headline news story in one of the following areas: local or national politics, economics, or business news.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper clarifying the importance of making critical evaluations of news stories. Use the following questions to help develop your paper:
· Was the reporting of the news story clear and accurate, with sufficient depth and breadth?
· Were some facts reported and other facts ignored?
· Did the story consider alternative perspectives and worldviews?
· Were there any questionable assumptions implicit in the story?
· Were any implications ignored while others were emphasized?
· Why is it important to make distinctions when undertaking a critical evaluation?
Format your essay consistent with the APA format. Cite your work and include your references
Review Ch. 5 & 9 of The Art of Thinking.
Suppose you are a newspaper columnist who will address, in the next editorial blog of your newspaper’s website, the same topic from the article in Part A.
Write a 150- to 200-word answer to each of the following questions:
· How might you use the strategies for applying creativity to problems and issues in addressing this topic? Why do you think these strategies might be effective?
· How might you use the strategies for promoting curiosity in addressing this topic? Why do you think these strategies might be effective?
How might you use the various methods for producing ideas to eliminate the bias from the original article and still present a factual and persuasive case?