I’m studying for my English class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 7 from the course textbook.
As we have been discussing, the mise-en-scène of a film is the use of a variety of design elements to create the visual theme. As you prepare to write this discussion, take a few moments to do the following:
- Review the grading rubric for this discussion.
- Select a film from this list of approved choices. Note: If you would like to write about a film that is not on this list, you must email your professor for approval in advance or you may not receive credit on this discussion.
Reflect There are many types of sound in a film. Some are diegetic (i.e., sounds that are represented as coming from within the world of the film) while others are non-diegetic (i.e., sounds that come from outside the world of the film). Your text describes the different categories of sound that fall under those types. What types of sounds, and what categories, are most effectively used in the film under consideration?
Write Construct a discussion post of at least 200 words, and using specific examples from your chosen film,
- Describe each of the three basic categories of sound (dialogue, sound effects, and music).
- Explain how the different categories of sound are used in your chosen film.
- Assess the impact of sound in establishing the theme.
- How does the use of sound inform the mood of the scene, or the film, overall?
- Can you identify specific sounds in your film that allow you to infer a particular genre?
- Since each category of sound may produce a range of effects, how might you characterize the effects in your film? For example, realistic and expected sound effects may have a different effect on a viewer than exaggerated or unexpected ones.
- Assess how the scene or sequence would play differently if you changed or removed a key category of sound.
Requirements: 200-250 Words
Sender notified by
Mailtrack 21/03/21, 07:51:202