Since 1985, women incarceration rates have nearly doubled. More and more women are receiving prison sentences due as a result of their involvement in criminal activity. A growing topic in corrections has been the supervision of women in correctional facilities.
This video examines mass incarceration and women (TEDx Talks, 2018):
- Identify three problems surrounding the incarceration of women in prison.
- What are the long and short term consequences of these problems?
- Which of these problems do you believe to be the most damaging?
- Why are these problems so damaging?
- What are the long-term consequences of these problems?
- How would you address these problems?