IT273 Design a TCP/IP
Assignment Case: The Banana Tree Travel Agency
- Design a client-server network topology
- Compare and contrast wired media options and the features they provide for the network
IT273-1: Appraise network architectures, models, topologies, and structures.
IT273-4: Design a TCP/IP-Based Network.
Respond to each of the Assignment requirements and submit all work to the Dropbox as a single file.
The Banana Tree Travel Agency is expanding from a single physical location to three physical locations distributed across the county to better serve the needs of their customers. Each of the new locations will have fifteen employees assigned there, and the headquarters will stay at the central location with twenty-five employees assigned there. In addition, there are ten employees who may work from any of the locations depending on needs during the week. Each employee will need to be assigned a cubicle with a computer in the main office area of the location or locations where they work. All employees also need to be able to access their work materials from any of the four computers in the customer relations area at each location and to be able to utilize the print/fax room at each location.
Propose a network design to support the needs of The Banana Tree Travel Agency following this move.
1. Complete the review questions:
- True or False: Fiber-optic cable is the most expensive transmission medium.
- True or False: Coaxial cable has a high resistance to noise.
- A(n) ____ is used to reduce the effects of attenuation for a digital transmission signal.
- A(n) ____ point-to-multipoint transmission issues signals to multiple, defined recipients.
- True or False: Broadband technology encodes information as digital pulses.
2. For the client situation described in Discussion topic 1, use Microsoft Visio 2007 (installed in Unit 1) to generate a diagram for a proposed network topology. Write a 1-2 page proposal for the Corporation explaining why that design would best meet their needs