Assignment 3: Defining the Project Scope
Review the project case. Determine the scope of the District 4 Production Warehouse Move project from the information provided in the case. Using the Project Scope Checklist, prepare a scope document for review and approval by the project sponsor prior to starting the project.
Project Scope Checklist
- Project objective
- Technical requirements
- Limits and exclusions
- Reviews with customer
Submit your report to M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox by Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Used correct grammar, spelling, and word choice and cited all sources using correct APA style.||
To construct a high-quality, custom home within five months at cost not to exceed $350,000.
• A 2,200-square-foot, 2½-bath, 3-bedroom, finished home.
• A finished garage, insulated and sheetrocked.
• Kitchen appliances to include range, oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
• High-efficiency gas furnace with programmable thermostat.
1. Permits approved—March 5
2. Foundation poured—March 14
3. Drywall in. Framing, sheathing, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical inspections passed—May 25
4. Final inspection—June 7
1. Home must meet local building codes.
2. All windows and doors must pass NFRC class 40 energy ratings.
3. Exterior wall insulation must meet an “R” factor of 21.
4. Ceiling insulation must meet an “R” factor of 38.
5. Floor insulation must meet an “R” factor of 25.
6. Garage will accommodate two large-size cars and one 20-foot Winnebago.
7. Structure must pass seismic stability codes.
LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS
1. The home will be built to the specifications and design of the original blue