Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Global corporate citizenship is more than espoused values; it requires action. Discuss some of the ways forward-thinking companies are changing to improve their ability to act as responsible citizens.
- Explain global wealth and power inequalities. What are the special challenges of serving the “bottom of the pyramid” sector?
- Discuss the benefits and costs of globalization. Provide examples of how globalization has helped or harmed individual nations and the world economy.
[Your post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your post should be at least 500 words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material.
Chapter 3: Corporate Social Responsibility and Citizenship
- Understanding the role of big business and the responsible use of corporate power in a democratic society.
- Knowing when the idea of social responsibility originated and investigating how a company’s purpose or mission can integrate social objectives with economic and legal objectives.
- Examining the key arguments in support of and concerns about corporate social responsibility.
- Defining global corporate citizenship and recognizing the rapidly evolving management practices to support global citizenship.
- Examining businesses with an explicitly social mission, such as social ventures and B corporations.
- Distinguishing among the sequential stages of global corporate citizenship.
- Understanding how businesses assess and report their social performance.
Chapter 4: Business in a Globalized World
- Defining globalization and classifying the major ways in which companies enter the global marketplace.
- Identifying the international financial and trade institutions that have shaped the globalization process in recent decades.
- Analyzing the benefits and costs of the globalization of business.
- Identifying the major types of political and economic systems in which companies operate across the world.
- Understanding global inequalities of wealth and income and analyzing the special challenges of serving those at the “bottom of the pyramid.”
- Assessing how businesses can work collaboratively with governments and the civil sector to address global social issues?