Oftentimes, we as humans tend to gravitate to music that is familiar to us. Although we have a variety of music to choose from, rarely do we try a genre of music that is new to us. According to Plato, “Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.” It is worth exploring different kinds of music to experience the impact of music and how it can touch us in unique ways.
Initial Post: To expand your music horizons, listen to a genre of music that is new to you (Country, Classical, Rap, Pop, R&B, etc.). After listening to a song or piece from your new genre, explain why you would or would not be open to hearing more music from this genre. Share the following:
- Title of the song or musical piece
- Artist or composer
- Year the song or piece was made
- Genre of music the piece falls under
- Describe how you were impacted by the new genre
- Explanation of why you would be open to hearing more music from this genre