11 or 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri font only
One-inch margins on all sides
Numbered pages in upper right corner
Proper Citations Required (You may use footnotes, endnotes, and in-text citations)
Your name, course number, and date on a separate cover sheet.
Separate works cited page
(Response papers that do not meet these guidelines will be penalized)
This paper should not merely be a summary of the reading itself. Rather, the paper will be graded based on the following inclusions:
- An overview of the author’s main arguments (Approximately 3 or more pages)
- What overall argument is the author making? What specific examples does the author focus on in the reading?
- How is this argument being made? (e.g., What kind of data is being used by the author to support her argument?)
- How does this argument support or refute arguments made by other authors in the section?
- Your personal critical response to the reading (Approximately 2 pages)
- What, if anything, do you find convincing about the argument being made?
- What problems and/or oversights do you see in the reading?
- What, specifically, do you think this article contributes to broader discussions of the topic?
Your essay should include:
1) an introductory paragraph providing a general overview (preview) of the main body of your essay and your conclusions
2) main body (summary and critical response)
3) concluding paragraph
. Just make sure that not making the essay too fancy cos I am international student. Nothing besides this. Thank you.