This week, you will submit summaries of quantitative and qualitative studies. The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with published research, research designs, and methodologies. For the assignment, you will select one quantitative research study and one qualitative study related to the field of nursing and related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2. Each summary must be accurate, succinct, and clear. The articles must be current (within the last five years).
Article choice is very important, therefore:
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments (students should find new research articles for each new assignment).
- The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systematic review articles should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
- Dissertations should not be used
Ensure the following questions are addressed in each summary:
1. What type of research is it (quantitative, qualitative, and design)?
2. What was the research question(s) or hypothesis?
3. What is the sample, the sample size, and sample attributes?
4. What was the setting of the study?
5. What were the researcher’s findings? (Identify one.)