Was race identified with slavery before the era of European exploration? Why or why not? How did slavery’s association with race change the institution’s character?
- One possible method to break this question into its multiple subquestions for paragraph responses.
- A short paragraph introduction of pre-European exploration slavery, how this institution functioned. This leads to your analysis of the role of race within the institution of slavery.
- A short discussion of how race changed the institution’s character.
- Connection to present: How does the discussion/role of race play out in society today?
- 1.3 West Africa and the Role of Slavery, pages 26 – 29
Write this using the the Critical Thinking method: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WzoD1UIYWvcAgjaTx-ak0Au7DPSDJRX64kP7aGhInvs/edit?usp=sharing