Imagine you are a seasoned middle school principal in Everything Great School District. You have been asked to coach a new middle school principal on how your school uses data-based decision-making to determine new instructional strategies in math for students in your school.
Consider the following 5 steps:
- Goal setting (accountability, school development, and instruction) for improvement of student behavior and goals must be SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, relevant, and timely)
- Identification of stakeholders in the goal-setting process
- Data collection (multiple sources of informal and formal data)
- Sensemaking (data analysis)
- Action required
Write a 250- to 300-word response to the following:
- Outline the points you will cover with the new principal for each of the 5 steps.