You are a network engineer and have been asked to help optimize network performance. The IT Help Desk has been receiving reports of slow system response time by many individuals in the end user community. The problem seems to span across departments and buildings. Your organization utilizes a hybrid of its own servers located in the corporate data center and cloud computing services provided under contract with a well-known cloud service provider. You have been provided with a budget of $100,000 to purchase a tool that will help you improve network reliability and performance. Research the WebUtilizing course resources and external research, select and discuss 3 tools that can be used to test network reliability.
Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines
- Answer the following questions:
- What are the most common issues that affect network performance and reliability?
- What are 3 tools that can help you identify issues of network performance?
- What is the name of the tool?
- What are the features and benefits related to network reliability testing?
- What is its cost?
- How would you rank the tool against the other 3 tools, and why?
- What challenges might there be when trying to apply network reliability tools when using cloud computing, wireless, or other topologies?
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your answers to the questions above.
- Respond to 2 other students’ posts on the Discussion Board, and critique their answers.
- Use APA references and citations to support your assertions.
- Do not include a table of contents or abstract.
(recommended minimum 300 words)